JESPR: New Dinucleotide and Trinucleotide Microsatellite Marker Resources for Cotton Genome Research
O.Umesh K. Reddy, Alan E. Pepper, Ibrokhim Abdurakhmonov
Dept of Biology, Texas A&M University, College Station,
TX 77843, email@example.com
Thomas Brooks, Yuksel Bolek, Kamal M. El-Zik
Dept of Crop and Soil Sciences, Texas A&M University,
College Station, TX 77843
Sukumar Saha, Johnie N. Jenkins
USDA-ARS, Crop Science Research Laboratory, P.O. Box 5367,
Mississippi State, MS 39762, SSaha@msa-msstate.ars.usda.gov
This is a collaborative multi-institutional program initiated
to streamline the process of microsatellite capture and characterization,
development of microsatellites into informative molecular
markers, and dissemination of marker information to the cotton
research community. A simple and efficient biotin capture
method was used to capture more than 10,000 fragments. Primers
were designed to amplify 307 unique microsatellite loci (305
nuclear and 2 chloroplast-encoded). 152 microsatellite loci
were amplified from G. hirsutum L. cv. TM-1 and Tamcot SP37,
and G. barbadense L. cv. Pima 3-79 and Pima S-7. Total, 311
new microsatellite loci were designated “JESPR” (after
the names of principal investigators).
the standardized panel screened JESPR marker data
Download the JESPR
primers (Excel format).
Download the JESPR
microsatellite sequences (fasta format).
Search your sequences against the JESPR
microsatellites using the BLAST or FASTA server.
- Abdurakhmonov IY, Buriev ZT, Saha S, Pepper AE, Musaev JA, Almatov A, Shermatov SE, Kushanov FN, Mavlonov GT, Reddy UK, Yu JZ, Jenkins JN, Kohel RJ, Abdukarimov A. 2007. Microsatellite markers associated with lint percentage trait in cotton, Gossypium hirsutum. Euphytica. 156(1-2): 141-156.
- Abdurakhmonov IY, Kushanov FN, Djaniqulov F, Buriev ZT, Pepper AE, Fayzieva N, Mavlonov GT, Saha S, Jenkins JN, Abdukarimov A. 2007. The Role of Induced Mutation in Conversion of Photoperiod Dependence in Cotton. Journal of Heredity. 98: 258 - 266.
- Lacape JM, Dessauw D, Rajab M, Noyer JL, Hau B. 2007. Microsatellite diversity in tetraploid Gossypium germplasm: assembling a highly informative genotyping set of cotton SSRs. Molecular Breeding.
- Guo W-Z, Fang D, Yu W-D, Zhang T-Z. 2005. Sequence divergence of microsatellites and phylogeny analysis in tetraploid cotton species and their putative diploid ancestors. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology. 47(12): 1418-1430.
- Reddy OUK, Pepper AE, Abdurakhmonov I, Saha S, Jenkins JN, Brooks T, Bolek Y, El-Zik K. 2001. New Dinucleotide and Trinucleotide Microsatellite Marker Resources for Cotton Genome Research. Journal of Cotton Science. 5: 103-113.